1. Homeroom Parents: Your child's class needs a Homeroom Parent! PTO packets will be coming home this week, so keep an eye out for the Homeroom Parent form (also found in the Communications Packet). If you are interested in serving in this role, please read the Homeroom Parent Responsibilities, fill out the form and return to school via backpack express to Nora Baughan, PTO Corresponding Secretary, by Friday, September 8, 2017. A confidential lottery will determine selection and those selected will be notified by email or phone. If you have any questions feel free to contact Nora Baughan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-562-6594.
2. Patriot Pride: MARK YOUR CALENDARS! The Patriot Pride Spirit Week will be held from September 25 - 29th, with a Fun Run for all grades on Friday, September 29th! The week's events will culminate in a Family Fun Night on Friday, September 29th. Bring your family at 5:30 p.m. for a picnic dinner at PES (pizza, hoagies, and sweet treats will be available for purchase) then stay for an indoor movie night at 7:00 p.m. Our Patriot Pride campaign will be run entirely in-house with 100% of the donations going directly to our school and our children. More information will be coming home this week in the PTO packet - Stay tuned!
3. PTO Meeting: Please save the date next Tuesday, September 5th at 9:30 a.m. in the library for our first PTO meeting of the school year. Mr. Beaver will be giving a new school year report, Nurse Kathy will be educating us on wellness at PES, and the 2017-2018 PTO budget will be presented and voted on. We welcome everyone to attend and find out about the great things happening at Pocopson Elementary!
4. PES Spirit Wear Sale: This year, Pocopson Elementary PTO will celebrate monthly Spirit Days. School Spirit Wear items are available for purchase on-line through the link below. (Various sizes/samples are now available in the school lobby.) The deadline for ordering is September 11, 2017. Items are non-returnable due to customization. Minimums are required on some items, if minimums are not met, your money will be refunded. Items will be delivered to students approximately September 25, 2017. SHOW YOUR SCHOOL SPIRIT AND ORDER TODAY!!! https://tuttlemarketing.com/store/products/pocopson-elementary---fall-2017-1040
5. Kids with Heart: A NEW opportunity for this year! Plans are underway for a new community service club at PES for students in 3rd - 5th Grade. Kids with Heart will work to foster the development of kindness, empathy, compassion, and service to others through a variety of service projects. More information will be coming soon! If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Janis Michels at email@example.com.
6. Foreign Language Enrichment Program: The Pocopson Elementary School PTO will offer a 20 week Foreign Language Enrichment Program in Spanish, French, and Mandarin Chinese, to students in the 1st - 5th grades. The cost for the full 20 class session is $160, and is offered either before school, starting at 8:10 a.m., or after school, starting at 3:45pm. Registration forms can be found in the Communications Packet and are due by Friday, September 22nd.
7. Science Explorers: The first club of the school year begins soon!! Science Club will meet on Tuesdays in the Science Lab at Pocopson after school from 3:45-4:45pm and is available to students in grades 1-5. The first club topic, which begins on Sept 26th, is MARVELOUS MACHINES: See how simple machines make work easier…and more fun too! Compete with your friends in a pulley race, construct a lever to make a cool catapult, explore gears that make wind-up toys work, and use the power of a spring to measure force. Lots of energy is needed for participation!
Club topics later in the school year include Toying Around with Science, Let's Get Electrified, Loose in the Chem Lab, Marine Biology Mania, KaBoom Chemistry and Ready, Set, Summer!! Please visit www.scienceexplorers.com and click on After-School Clubs for more information on club dates, cost or to register your child. Class size is limited to 23 students per club...so, please register early to guarantee your child a spot. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 610.816.5047 with any questions.
News: School District
1. 2017/2018 PTO Directory: Welcome to the 2017 - 2018 school year. The continuing mission of the PTO is to make UCF a better place by promoting school spirit, supporting student activities, raising funds for the benefit of the school, and providing a forum for parents to discuss issues as needed. We encourage everyone to play an active role in the education and success of their child! The Annual Directory is a service (and a UCF PTO tradition) we are pleased to offer that helps foster connections between families.This year’s directory will be bigger and better than ever. To increase it’s usefulness (and maybe save a few trees) we will be providing a PDF version of the directory in addition to the printed version.
The PDF version is free and will be available in PowerSchool in the Parent Portal
Printed directories will still be available as in the past for a nominal fee of $8.00
*** If you want to add information to our Around Our School communications, please email us at email@example.com. For Community News, please watch for the UCF This Week emails. The Community Bulletin Board is also linked on our PES Home Page.
1105 Pocopson Road, West Chester PA
You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to alerts from Pocopson Elementary School. You can modify your contact preferences in the Power School Parent Portal. All contact preferences can be managed using the SwiftReach SwiftK12 tab on the left side of the Parent Portal.