Pocopson Elementary School Families,
Please take a moment to review the Communications Packet, which is also found on our PES website.
News: In Our Building
1. THE PATRIOT PRESS
Pocopson's PUBLISHING CENTER, THE PATRIOT PRESS, made Publishing Student-Author Books Easier than EVER.
*** There's PLENTY of Time! Applications & Fees are DUE on MARCH 11th ***
***Author Kits (including Final Stories & Illustrations) are DUE on APRIL 4th***
All Patriot Press books will be professionally bound and custom made for each student-author!
Visit the Patriot Press website for the Application & more Information. Find the Patriot Press on Pocopson's homepage: pes.ucfsd.org (
AUTHOR KITS will be Delivered to Your Classroom after your Application & $8 Fee is received. Once you have your Author Kit, writing & illustrating BEGINS!
2. 4th Grade Skating Party
Sunday, March 13, 2016 at IceLine in West Chester from 5:00 to7:00 pm
Event is FREE for ALL Pocopson 4th Graders and includes skate rental, snack and drink.
Please fill out and submit the registration form to sign up: SkatingPartyRegistration
3. PTO meeting: The next PTO meeting will be this Thursday, March 10th, at 9:30 am in the PES library.
4. 926 Bridge Flooding Status Facebook Page
A Facebook page was created by a PES parent that people can use to post the status of the 926 bridge flooding. If interested, check out the page and post updates as you know of them: https://www.facebook.com/926bridge/
5. Patriot Pride Campaign: The PTO is planning a fundraiser for September 2016 that is 100% parent run. This will be in place of Boosterthon for 2016. All profits will go straight to PES. We have many ideas, but need committee members to help organize the event. Please help us plan this campaign. Much of the planning and organization will need to be done this spring prior to summer break. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer. Thank you!!
6. Birthday Book Club/Donate a Book program -
Help support the PES library by donating a book in honor of your child's birthday! See the communications packet flyer for more details and email Jennifer McDonald at email@example.com with any questions. Click this link to visit Mrs. Thomas' library page for library news and suggestions for book donations.
7. Yearbooks on sale: The yearbook is on sale for the early bird price of $28 per book. Simply click on the link to order:
8. The Pocopson Library is need of L.O.V.E. (Library Operations Volunteers Extraordinaire) again this year. Duties include:
- Helping students find books
- Checking books in and out
- Re-shelving books
- Shelf reading
No experience necessary. . .training provided! Shifts are 9:15-11:30 or 1:15-3:15
News: In Our District
1. UHS Indoor Drumline Competition
The UHS Indoor Drumline will be hosting a full day of music and competition from the region's finest Indoor Percussion Ensembles at the WGI Regional "Sport of the Arts" Show on Saturday March 12 at the High School. Performing groups will use a broad array of percussion instruments including drums, cymbals, marimbas, and sophisticated electronic effects to present their thrilling shows. They are judged on Marching and Concert Criteria with the judges evaluating in areas such as creativity, expression, performance quality, and technical excellence.
Thirty-two groups will perform in the preliminary rounds from 9a.m.-2:30p.m. Finals will be 5:30-9:30 p.m. An extensive food menu will be available all day. Ticket prices are $15 for prelims, $18 for finals and $28 for an all-day combination ticket.
Please come support the UHS ensemble as they perform their 2016 Show, "Leave Your Mark." They are preparing for the school's first-ever trip to WGI World Championships, held in Dayton, OH in April 2016.
1. Viewing of the Anonymous People Documentary - March 9th
A riveting documentary about addiction and long-term recovery.
Details here: Anonymous People
2. Delete Blood Cancer - DKMS Donor Registry Drive -
13,000 patients are looking for bone marrow or stem cell donors to help give them a second chance at life. 6 out of 10 are currently unable to find a match. You can be the one to help. You can register as a potential donor on the National Donor Marrow Registry. If you match with a patient, you will be contacted to discuss donation of stem cells or bone marrow. Want to help?
- Come register as a potential donor at the Kennett Area YMCA (101 Race Street, Kennett Square) on March 12 from 9-2. Get your cheek swabbed to add you to the list!
- Registering costs nothing. But donations are welcome to offset the costs of registering each person ($65). You can donate here:
- Want to donate another way? Go to the Concord Township Chick-Fil-A (State Farm Rd, Glen Mills) on Monday March 7, 2016 - anytime all day long. Tell them you are supporting Delete Blood Cancer and 15% of your sale will be donated.
For questions, contact Christy Pickar - firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you want to add information to our Around Our School communications, please email us at email@example.com. For Community News, please watch for the UCF This Week emails. The Community Bulletin Board is also linked on our PES Home Page.
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Unionville-Chadds Ford School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.