Pocopson Elementary School Families,
Please take a moment to review the Communications Packet, which is also found on our PES website.
News: In Our Building
1. PTO Executive Board: Think you may be interested in serving on the PTO executive board for the 2016-2017 school year? The current board will be hosting a brunch on April 4th from 9:00-11:00 am. Come and meet everyone, ask questions, and eat a free brunch, too! No obligation, just a meet and greet for anyone interested in becoming more involved in the PTO. Please RSVP on the sign up genius link below:
Interested but cannot attend on April 4th? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. 2016-2017 Committee Chair Sign Ups: Please consider signing up to chair a PES PTO committee for the 2016-2017 school year. Descriptions and sign up form can be found below and in the communication packet. If you are currently chairing a committee and would like to continue next school year please submit form. A big thanks to all who chaired this year and to all those who volunteer for next year. Parent volunteers help make PES a great school!
3. The Patriot Press, Pocopson's Publishing Center:
Student-Authors: Need help with your story or Author Kit? The Patriot Press is offering work times for student-authors to sit down with Committee Members = Pocopson Parent Volunteers.
Volunteers needed & welcome! Join us to learn more.
Session 1: March 30 @ 8:00AM - 8:45AM
Meet in the Pocopson iLab
Session 2: March 30 @ 3:20PM - 4:30PM
Meet in the Pocopson iLab
Check the Patriot Press website for more info!
4. PTO meeting: The next PTO meeting will be on Friday, April 15th, at 9:30 am in the PES cafeteria.
5. Dine and Donate at The Classic Diner West Chester April 2-3: Join other PES families at this favorite spot in West Chester the weekend of April 2-3 and The Classic Diner will donate a portion of sales back to the school. Be sure to mention you are there supporting Pocopson. The Classic Diner is located at 16 East Gay Street.
6. Bricks 4 Kidz- April 6th - May 11th 3.30-4.30 PM "Interesting Inventions" Most objects we use on a daily basis were invented by someone. Find out the origins of things like the hand mixer, windshield wipers and conveyor belts. During this unit, students will discuss the difference between an invention and a discovery, learn how inventions solve problems, and find out how inventors get their ideas patented. Each week, students are encouraged to think of what they could invent, or improvements they could make to an existing object to solve a problem. So many things we use each day are someone's invention. Introduce your student to the world of ideas, creativity, inventions and patents. We will construct different familiar objects each week such as a hand mixer, windshield wipers and a conveyor belt. Each model is motorized for maximum movement and fascination! Start creating! To register please visit www.bricks4kidz.com/exton or call 484 341 0004.
7. Patriot Pride Campaign: The PTO is planning a fundraiser for September 2016 that is 100% parent run. This will be in place of Boosterthon for 2016. All profits will go straight to PES. We have many ideas, but need committee members to help organize the event. Please help us plan this campaign. Much of the planning and organization will need to be done this spring prior to summer break. Email email@example.com to volunteer. Thank you!!
8. Birthday Book Club/Donate a Book program - Help support the PES library by donating a book in honor of your child's birthday! See the communications packet flyer for more details and email Jennifer McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Click this link to visit Mrs. Thomas' library page for library news and suggestions for book donations.
9. Yearbooks on sale: The yearbook is on sale for the early bird price of $28 per book. Simply click on the link to order:
10. The Pocopson Library is need of L.O.V.E. (Library Operations Volunteers Extraordinaire) again this year. Duties include:
- Helping students find books
- Checking books in and out
- Re-shelving books
- Shelf reading
No experience necessary. . .training provided! Shifts are 9:15-11:30 or 1:15-3:15
News: In Our District
1. Registered Nurse Substitutes
Day to day substitute nursing positions at various school buildings in District or attendance on Field Trips as required.
See description here: Nurse Substitutes Info
2. UCFEF 7th Annual Community Yard Sale on May 7, 2016 8:00 am ‐ 12:30 pm
More information here: UCF Ed Foundation Yard Sale
3. UHS Football Team Mulch Fundraiser run by the Quarter Back Club (QBC).
See our 2016 flyer attached: UHS Football Mulch Fundraiser
If you want to add information to our Around Our School communications, please email us at email@example.com. For Community News, please watch for the UCF This Week emails. The Community Bulletin Board is also linked on our PES Home Page.
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Unionville-Chadds Ford School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.