Happy New Year Pocopson Elementary School Families!
Please take a moment to review the Communications Packet, which is also found on our PES website.
News: In Our Building
1. Evening PTO meeting: The next PTO meeting will be in the evening, on January 14th at 7PM, in the library. Dr. Sanville will be our guest speaker. Mr. Beaver will attend as well. Please come join us!
2. Patriot Pride Campaign: The PTO is planning a fundraiser for September 2016 that is 100% parent run. This will be in place of Boosterthon for 2016. All profits will go straight to PES. We have many ideas, but need committee members to help organize the event. Please help us plan this campaign. Much of the planning and organization will need to be done this spring prior to summer break. Email email@example.com to volunteer. Thank you!!
3. Birthday Book Club/Donate a Book program -
Help support the PES library by donating a book in honor of your child's birthday! See the communications packet flyer for more details and email Jennifer McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Click this link to visit Mrs. Thomas' library page for library news and suggestions for book donations.
4. Yearbooks on sale: The yearbook is on sale for the early bird price of $28 per book. Simply click on the link to order:
5. Reserve the Showcase: Are you a committee chair or creative parent? We need volunteers to sign up for the weeks of 4/4-4/15and 5/16-5/27 to reserve the showcase in the front entrance. Advertise an event, decorate for a holiday or season. The sky's the limit! Please be sure to take down your decorations at the end of the two week slot so the next person is ready to go. Thanks. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/
6. The Pocopson Library is need of L.O.V.E. (Library Operations Volunteers Extraordinaire) again this year. Duties include:
- Helping students find books
- Checking books in and out
- Re-shelving books
- Shelf reading
No experience necessary. . .training provided! Shifts are 9:15-11:30 or 1:15-3:15
News: In Our District
1. This Thursday, January 7th, the Unionville Ice Hockey Club is hosting a Chick-fil-A Spirit Night at the store in Concordville. UIHC will receive 15% of receipt sales when our organization name is mentioned to the cashier in either the store or drive thru!
No one feels like cooking on Thursdays so come for dinner between after school activities, practice and running around. Remember, all you need to do is mention Unionville Ice Hockey to the cashier. Enjoy!
2. Save the Date - Annual Golden Gala: Saturday, February 6, 2016
Join us as we celebrate our 20th anniversary! Please join us for a fun filled night as we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Unionville-Chadds Ford Education Foundation. Hosted at the Gables of Chadds Ford, the night will include Hors D'oeuvres, dancing, cocktails, silent auction and fun. This event sold out last year - so stay tuned for tickets. Visit www.ucfedfoundation.org
If you have specific questions, please contact ucfedfoundation@gmail.
1. Summer Adventures Camp and Activity Fair: January 13, 2016 (Snow date: January 14) from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm at the CCIU
Jump start your summer planning with a night of food and fun! Explore camps, activities, and local vendors with your child and decide on a great summer! Admission is free!! Students from K to 12 and their parents will be able to meet with representatives and gather information for a summer to remember. Vendors include summer camps, summer schools, party venues, tutors, music and theater, sports and exercise, arts and crafts vendors, out-doors camps, and more!
2. If you want to add information to our Around Our School communications, please email us at email@example.com. For Community News, please watch for the UCF This Week emails. The Community Bulletin Board is also linked on our PES Home Page.
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Unionville-Chadds Ford School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.