Pocopson Elementary School Families,
Please take a moment to review the Communications Packet, which is also found on our PES website.
News: In Our Building
1. Holiday Community Service Projects at PES: It's not too late to contribute to our Holiday Community Service Projects!
- Giving Tree – a way to make the holidays brighter for community members in need. Choose a gift tag from the Giving Tree, purchase the gift and return it to the tree unwrapped and we will deliver it. Gifts are due by 12/15.
- Hats, Mittens and Socks for our sister school, Stonehurst Hills Elementary. Donate a hat, mittens and socks to be given to our friends at Stonehurst Hills. Please deliver them to your homeroom teacher by December 11th. Thank you!
2. PTO meeting: Please join us at the PTO meeting this Thursday, 12/10, at 9:30. We will be meeting in the cafeteria this week to see the new PTO funded sound system. This is a great opportunity to get to know Mr. Beaver while enjoying coffee and homemade treats by our very own PTO professional caterer! School Nurse, Kathy Einthoven, will be joining us to educate us about lice checks.
3. Spiritwear has arrived and will be packaged for delivery to students this week. If you indicated that your order was a gift, you will be able to pick up your merchandise in the main office . Thanks so much for your support and have a wonderful holiday season!
4. Save the date! Restaurant night at Rapidough Pizza Pies (30 S. High Street in West Chester) on from . This PES family owned restaurant serves delicious salads, pizzas and pastas made to order with fresh ingredients made on site. So stop in before or after swimming, basketball, dance, hockey, gymnastics, CCD or give yourself a break from cooking during this busy season and join other PES families for a tasty meal. A portion of sales will be donated to the school.
5. Yearbooks on sale! The yearbook is on sale for the early bird price of $28 per book.
Simply click on the link to order:
6. Science Explorers After-School Science Club at Pocopson Elementary for Grades 1-5: The next club of the school year is set to begin on Dec 8th!! Science Club will meet on Tuesdays in Pocopson Elementary's Science Lab after school from 3:30 to 4:30 and is available to students in 1st to 5th grade.
The next club topic is BURPS, BELCHES AND BAD BREATH: Did you know that mucus is part of your daily diet? On what part of your body are you producing a cement-like substance? Are there little creatures living on you? What happens to our cells when we sweat? Find out the wacky science going on inside all of us! We will make our own mucus, create body spray to keep us smelling good, make an explosion of gas bubbles, mix up noisy putty, and use chemistry to show how to neutralize stomach acids. We like to call it a "cool kind of gross"!
Club topics later in the year include Freaky Physics, Secrets of Ancient Egypt and Is There a Doctor in the House. Please visit www.scienceexplorers.com and click on After-school clubs for more information on club dates, cost or to register your child. Class size is limited to 20 students per club...so, please register early to guarantee your child a spot. Please contact Jill Shinn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609.315.6492 with any questions.
7. Are you a committee chair or creative parent? We need volunteers to sign up to reserve the showcase in the front entrance to decorate throughout the year. The reservation is for a two-week block. Advertise an event, decorate for a holiday or season. The sky's the limit! Please be sure to take down your decorations at the end of the two week slot so the next person is ready to go. Thanks. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e48aeaf0-showcase
8. Giant A+ Rewards program will be beginning soon. Please go to Giant's website http://giantfood.com/aplus/register-card/ to register your bonus card to earn money for Pocopson. Every year Giant gives back over $1000 to Pocopson because parents register their bonus card and designate Pocopson (#25843) as the recipient. It does not affect gas reward points. We typically have under 100 registered cards. Imagine how much we could earn if every parent who shops at Giant registers his/her card. It's free money for our school!!
9. The Pocopson Library is need of L.O.V.E. (Library Operations Volunteers Extraordinaire) again this year. Duties include:
- Helping students find books
- Checking books in and out
- Re-shelving books
- Shelf reading
No experience necessary. . .training provided!
Shifts are 9:15-11:30 or 1:15-3:15 every other week. If you cannot commit to every other week and would still like to volunteer, please let Eva in the library know. Use this link to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e48aeaf0-library1
News: In Our District
UCFSD coat drive: UCFSD Community Service gives away gently used warm coats, fleece jackets, hats, mittens/gloves and snow pants to local families in need. Donated items can be dropped off in the lobbies of any of the UCF district schools now until Thursday 12/17. Items should be clean and in good condition. All styles and sizes are needed. New items are also gladly accepted!
If you want to add information to our Around Our School communications, please email us at email@example.com. For Community News, please watch for the UCF This Week emails. The Community Bulletin Board is also linked on our PES Home Page.
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Unionville-Chadds Ford School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.