Pocopson Elementary School Families,
Please take a moment to review the Communications Packet, which is also found on our PES website.
News: In Our Building
1. Hats, Mittens and Socks drive: Many thanks to those who have already donated. We are still in need of hats and mittens. We are continuing to collect, count and wrap this week. Please help us reach our goal of a set of hats, mittens and socks for all 561 Stonehurst students. Thank you.
2. The Giving Tree: Thank you to everyone who supported our Giving Tree Community Service project. You have made many community member's holidays brighter. We appreciate your generosity.
Donations of toys and gift cards will be accepted through Thursday.
3. Girls on the Run (GOTR) Food Drive
Pocopson students, families, and faculty,
Thank you for your generous support of our Girls on the Run food drive benefiting the Chester County Chapter of Blessings in a Backpack. Our drive was an amazing success receiving over 350 items. On Monday, December 7 I dropped off the donations and to say Chris was appreciative is an understatement. They have never had their storage shelves so full or a student led drive provide such quantities. Chris also shared that in the last few weeks the number of children they are providing weekend meals has increased, so our effort is very timely. Thank you for making the food drive such a success.
4. Birthday Book Club/Donate a Book program -
6. Yearbooks on sale: The yearbook is on sale for the early bird price of $28 per book. Simply click on the link to order:
7. Are you a committee chair or creative parent? We need volunteers to sign up to reserve the showcase in the front entrance to decorate throughout the year. The reservation is for a two-week block. Advertise an event, decorate for a holiday or season. The sky's the limit! Please be sure to take down your decorations at the end of the two week slot so the next person is ready to go. Thanks. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/
8. Giant A+ Rewards program will be beginning soon. Please go to Giant's website http://giantfood.com/aplus/
9. The Pocopson Library is need of L.O.V.E. (Library Operations Volunteers Extraordinaire) again this year. Duties include:
- Helping students find books
- Checking books in and out
- Re-shelving books
- Shelf reading
No experience necessary. . .training provided! Shifts are 9:15-11:30 or 1:15-3:15
News: In Our District
1. The Substitute Teacher Service (STS) will be at UCF District Office, 740 Unionville Road, Kennett Square, onWednesday, December 16, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
STS will be available to answer questions and/or assist with the enrollment process at that time. If your not sure about becoming a sub and have questions, stop by to get additional information.
Please email Mary Garvey, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com if you plan to attend.
2. UCFSD coat drive: UCFSD Community Service gives away gently used warm coats, fleece jackets, hats, mittens/gloves and snow pants to local families in need. Donated items can be dropped off in the lobbies of any of the UCF district schools now until Thursday 12/17. Items should be clean and in good condition. All styles and sizes are needed. New items are also gladly accepted!
3. Save the Date - Annual Golden Gala: Saturday, February 6, 2016
If you want to add information to our Around Our School communications, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Community News, please watch for the UCF This Week emails. The Community Bulletin Board is also linked on our PES Home Page.
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Unionville-Chadds Ford School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.