Happy holidays Pocopson Elementary School Families!
Please take a moment to review the Communications Packet, which is also found on our PES website.
News: In Our Building
1. Evening PTO meeting: The next PTO meeting will be in the evening, on January 14th at 7PM, in the library. Dr. Sanville will be our guest speaker.
2. Patriot Pride Campaign: The PTO is planning a fundraiser for September 2016 that is 100% parent run. This will be in place of Boosterthon for 2016. All profits will go straight to PES. We have many ideas, but need committee members to help organize the event. Please help us plan this campaign. Much of the planning and organization will need to be done this spring prior to summer break. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer. Thank you!!
3. Birthday Book Club/Donate a Book program -
5. Are you a committee chair or creative parent? We need volunteers to sign up to reserve the showcase in the front entrance to decorate throughout the year. The reservation is for a two-week block. Advertise an event, decorate for a holiday or season. The sky's the limit! Please be sure to take down your decorations at the end of the two week slot so the next person is ready to go. Thanks. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/
6. Giant A+ Rewards program will be beginning soon. Please go to Giant's website http://giantfood.com/aplus/
7. The Pocopson Library is need of L.O.V.E. (Library Operations Volunteers Extraordinaire) again this year. Duties include:
- Helping students find books
- Checking books in and out
- Re-shelving books
- Shelf reading
No experience necessary. . .training provided! Shifts are 9:15-11:30 or 1:15-3:15
News: In Our District
1. The Substitute Teacher Service (STS) will be at UCF District Office, 740 Unionville Road, Kennett Square, onWednesday, December 16, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
STS will be available to answer questions and/or assist with the enrollment process at that time. If your not sure about becoming a sub and have questions, stop by to get additional information.
Please email Mary Garvey, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com if you plan to attend.
2. Save the Date - Annual Golden Gala: Saturday, February 6, 2016
1. Summer Adventures Camp and Activity Fair: January 13, 2016 (Snow date: January 14) from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm at the CCIU
2. If you want to add information to our Around Our School communications, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Community News, please watch for the UCF This Week emails. The Community Bulletin Board is also linked on our PES Home Page.
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Unionville-Chadds Ford School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.